need help identifying quote

Subject: need help identifying quote
From: Jean Richardson <jean -at- BJRCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 15:50:34 -0700

Okay, I've spent some time on this and, folks, I need some help. Do you
remember that quote that's been bandied about in technical communications
pubs for several years now that compares the efficiency of a book with
online viewers in general? It describes a book in terms of the level of
contrast of black ink on white paper, the temperature at which paper burns,
etcetera. Well, now I need it, and I can't find it. I'm also trying to
figure out who to attribute it to, as I want to use it in a paper I'm writing.

Trivia fans, this one's for you!

-- Jean

BJR Communications, Inc.
Portland, Oregon, USA
voice: (503) 788-8998

A provider of:

* Customer contact skills training
* Audience analysis and research
* User assistance life cycle development
* Technical communication products

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=