Re: A Company That *Really* Wants a Writer/Editor

Subject: Re: A Company That *Really* Wants a Writer/Editor
From: Melonie Holliman <melonie -dot- holliman -at- TXEXMTA4 -dot- AMD -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 11:40:20 -0500

Howdy,

Isn't it nice that we have a wide variety of options?
Let's see, what are they all:

* Planning and organization
* Designing and formatting
* Writing
* Editing
* Translation
* Graphics
* User interface design

What other areas does our profession cover? You can
specialize in one, or enjoy a wide variety of challenges
like me.

I enjoy having the formatting and designing thrown in. I would
hate writing all day long, it is too intensive--my brain needs
a break. I also enjoy the project planning and organization.
Graphics make the day go quicker. But I absolutely HATE
editing. Oh, well! The job cannot be perfect, I guess.

One thing I have to say for diversification over specialization:
I qualify for the majority of the jobs I see posted these days.
It is a nice feeling to know, especially since I am a contractor.

That brought up another question: is it possible to be a contractor
and specialize rather than generalize?

Melonie R. Holliman
Technical Writer
CPD Marketing