Restructuring a monster reference manual

Subject: Restructuring a monster reference manual
From: Tommy Green <tgreen -at- AESBUS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 10:06:30 -0500

>>I'm thinking of splitting this one manual into several smaller ones, e.g.
installation manual, configuration manual and reference manual. Are there
any pitfalls I should be aware of?<<

I think that idea is the best way to go. I just did a SCSI Hard Drive
Reference Guide that is constantly changing. It has up to 59 MB of graghics
and was too large without spliting up. The separate manuals will be easier
to update. I don't know of any immediate pitfalls unless the cost of
shipping the Doc Sets changes considerably.

I used to own an ant farm but had to give it up. I couldn't find tractors
small enough to fit it. ~Steven Wright~

Tommy D. Green
AESBUS Technology Group
(281) 587-2247 ext 130