Re: Standard Fonts-Netscape

Subject: Re: Standard Fonts-Netscape
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- SOUNDY -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 14:12:40 -0700

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999 12:37:42 -0500, Sharon Key wrote:

>> I'd also like help in locating the standard fonts supplied with
>> Netscape Navigator.

AFAIK, no fonts are supplied WITH web browsers (at least none that I've
ever seen). HTML itself should allow for certain standard fonts, such as
Helvetica, Courier and Times New Roman. The problem with using custom
fonts in a web page is that you then have to find some way to get the
fonts installed on users' systems that don't already have them... and you
have to assume that one person's Helv looks the same as your own (for
example, you may design your stuff around the Windows-bundled Helv
TrueType font, while the Helv installed on my OS/2 system is Adobe Type 1
and not necessarily identical).

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<All standard disclaimers apply>
"Reality is in alpha test on protoype hardware."

So I bought OS/2 Warp.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=