Hooray!! I successfully negotiated telecommuting benefit thingies!!!

Subject: Hooray!! I successfully negotiated telecommuting benefit thingies!!!
From: Pamela Jasper <JISCorp -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 18:49:06 EDT

Hi All,

I am so happy that my recent request for telecommuting privileges were
granted by my current contractual client!! I live in south Jersey and commute
2 to 2.5 hours one way to Metrotech Brooklyn for a lucrative tech
writing/management contract.

Spending 4-5 hours a day or 20+ hours weekly was making me miserable, and I
seriously considered other local options. I recently completed a contract in
Japan and am not yet ready to move back to New York. I had been recently
diagnosed with a thyroid problem and to improve my health, I need to cut down
on stress.

Now to make up lost time, if God could just give me more money, a boss
makeover, a corner office, an introduction to my future husband before the
end of the millenium and access to the company lear jet (I am a pilot), I'd
be even happier! For now I'll just settle for having my life back.

If anyone does this or has done this before, could you tell me what's
good/bad and any suggestions for making the work-at-home process work? My
manager is sympathetic but has a great need (perhaps rightfully so) to 'Feel'
like i am doing my job.

See ya....

Pam Jasper

Jasper Information Systems Corp.