Re: Fonts and translation

Subject: Re: Fonts and translation
From: CASSIN Gilles <GCassin -at- MEGA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 16:20:03 +0100

Darren Barefoot wrote:
<Or, put another way, do Parisians use Times New Roman? Thanks. DB.

Not when they write their shopping list <g>
Standard Mac/Win fonts are of common use in Latin writing Europe. All
accented and special characters (? currency too)are supported, the only
difficulty is the keyboard (spanish accented letters are a bore on a
French keyboard).
Fonts in use are rather standard ones, it's all your choice. Moreover,
since MS users read MS stuff, they'rre used to that style, though its
design is rather poor and disregards priter traditional ways. So, don't
worry.
As for Japanese, there is the problem of 2byte encoding, which makes
(made?) it impossible to use a Japanese version of a software with an
occidental version of windows (my info is only for that OS), and may
impose some source program adaptation for compliance.
Dunno for Russian.
"On thursday, sir? The time is very short" Shakespeare, Romeo and
Juliet, IV.1
Gilles CASSIN
mailto:gcassin -at- mega -dot- com
+33 1 42 75 40 22
My opinions are mine, and neither you nor my company can take credit for
them. YOU can cite them if you think they were of use.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000