Job Opportunity in Alexandria, VA

Subject: Job Opportunity in Alexandria, VA
From: "Cheryl L. Dwyer" <cheryl -at- WORLDWEB -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 17:26:24 -0400

Hi, techwhirlers,

My company would like to add a second technical writer to our R&D staff, and
it's a great opportunity with a growing company! The job information is
listed below, and as I am the contact point, please direct any questions to
me. Thanks!

Cheryl Dwyer

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
About us:
Worldweb.net is a fast-moving Internet company that provides i-content
management solutions. Its flagship product is Expressroom, a complete,
powerful, and easy-to-use solution for online publishers. Worldweb.net also
offers a full range of traditional Web services--graphics design, site
hosting, database integration, engineering and programming, connectivity,
and consulting.

Expressroom is a registered trademark of Worldweb.net. For more information,
visit us at http://www.worldweb.net.

Job opportunity:
Technical Writer, full-time, on-site in a dynamic, informal environment
working with professionals

Location:
Alexandria, Virginia

Duties:
Working with a senior technical writer, you will design and develop online
help and both hardcopy and online manuals for cutting-edge technology. You
will be co-responsible for all phases of the development lifecycle from
designing, writing, editing, and indexing to maintenance.

Requirements:
Ability to write clearly and concisely to all audiences, from end-users to
technical programmers
Highly motivated self-starter who works well with others in a fast-paced
developmental environment
Minimum of two years hands-on experience documenting software applications
as online help, hardcopy manuals, online manuals, or training guides
Experience with MS Word (version 7.0 preferred), FrameMaker (version 5.5.6
preferred) or a desktop publishing tool, and a help authoring tool (ForeHTML
Pro 3 and JavaHelp preferred)
Bachelor's Degree in Technical Writing, English, Communications, or a
related field or technical discipline, or equivalent experience
Ability to understand software applications and to communicate that
knowledge to your audience
Familiarity with HTML, XML, and Java a plus
Ability to enjoy and take pride in your work

Information:
Worldweb.net is located in Old Town Alexandria, nine blocks from the Potomac
River, with great shops and restaurants just a few steps away. We are
privately owned and are an equal-opportunity employer, offering an excellent
benefits package and competitive salary commensurate with education and
experience.

Please furnish writing samples and references at interview.

Contact:
Send, email, or fax resume to:
worldweb.net
Cheryl L. Dwyer