Condensing large technical manuals

Subject: Condensing large technical manuals
From: "Shannon E.H. Sobota" <shannon_sobota -at- COMPUWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 11:44:48 -0400

Hello! We are switching from a mainframe wordprocessing system to a PC
based system, and are paying by the page for the priviledge. I am in
charge of condensing a 400+ page manual before we switch. The manual
contains both User and Reference guide information.

I've got some ideas where to start cutting/condensing, but would
appreciate any other ideas from people who have had to reduce the size
of large manuals.

Help!
Shannon Sobota
shannon_sobota -at- compuware -dot- com