Software : What is it doing and How is it doing it (was RE: The Worst Thing About Contracting)

Subject: Software : What is it doing and How is it doing it (was RE: The Worst Thing About Contracting)
From: Pierre Roberge <proberge -at- FAMICTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 10:12:34 -0400

> Anthony Markatos said:
>
> Or you may type
> up what people want you to know - which is always alot about HOW the
> software works and very lean on WHAT the software does. (Note: End
> users want to know WHAT the software does, not HOW it works.)

My reply:

I completely agree but sometimes depending on the way the system
interacts with the user, it is important to know a bit how the system works.
In an ideal world and application, the interface would be designed so the
user does not need to know how the system works but most of the time he/she
needs to know a bit of it. Few software interfaces completely hide their
inner workings, even when they can.

Pierre Roberge
Famic Technologies 2000 inc.
Montreal