Re: The Worst Thing About Contracting

Subject: Re: The Worst Thing About Contracting
From: Anthony Markatos <tonymar -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 17:36:27 PDT

Anthony Markatos wrote:

Contract software technical writers (or at least all that I have know)
are basically word processors.

Elna Tymes responded

......the point that Tony made that most contractors are simply
word processors is very far off the mark, at least in Silicon Valley.
Here, contractors live and die by their resumes: if all they had to
sell was word processing skills, they wouldn't be in much demand since
there are plenty of admins out there who can do word processing. The
contractors I know who are making a living at it are valued not just
because of their word processing skills, but because they're capable
of thinking like programmers or engineers,sometimes contributing to
the design of a product.....

Tony Markatos responds:

I guess the work world for technical writers is different in Silicon
Valley than here in Cleveland, Ohio. I'm envious to say the least.

Tony Markatos
(tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=