Re: Quality vs. Quantity (was Roadblock...)

Subject: Re: Quality vs. Quantity (was Roadblock...)
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 10:46:18 -0700

> >Considering that you only have two years experience
> >(and no degree), I
> >think
> >that you are inflating the idea of what you should
> >be making per year.

<snip>

> goofy icons and she
> had 7 years consulting experience!). What I'm
> getting at is that someone
> with two years experience could possibly have skills
> that meet or exceed
> the skills of another with five years.

Melissa...what you are doing is comparing a writer
with less than two years with a crappy writer with
five to seven years. Why should I accept either if I'm
looking for an experienced technical writer.

Let's just say that since hiring is a crap-shoot
anyway, I'd rather shoot with loaded dice than staight
dice. The odds of getting an experienced writer gets
better with more years experience, though it is not
the sole detirmining factor.

===
John Posada
Western Union International