Re: IRS 20 Questions

Subject: Re: IRS 20 Questions
From: N Kendall <k534 -at- EARTHLINK -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 23:02:07 -0700

I suggest you contact a really good CPA. Have him/her set up an
S-corporation. This usually costs about $400 for fees and such, maybe less.
The CPA can give you all the pros and cons of a sole-proprietorship vs a
corporation. If you need the name of a good CPA, let me know. I believe my
CPA is authorized to perform work in all states. If you're interested, I'll
double-check.

From a legal (IRS) viewpoint the corp is a separate entity. You become the
employee of the corporation. BE AWARE, do not co-mingle funds.

When an agency places you on a job, they are actually hiring your
corporation. Most agencies have no problem establishing a corp-to-corp
relationship, which is a 1099-type relationship. The agency pays your corp
by invoice. Your corp pays you by W-2.

If you have what appears to be long-term work, it would probably be to your
advantage to go the corp route.

Nancy Kendall
Sr Documentation Analyst and Owner
Kendall Custom Documentation, Inc.