WordPerfect (and other software)

Subject: WordPerfect (and other software)
From: N Kendall <k534 -at- EARTHLINK -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 23:35:31 -0700

> From: Kevin McLauchlan <KMcLauchlan -at- CHRYSALIS-ITS -dot- COM>
> Subject: WP (is that a werty derd?)

I use to use WordPerfect (word processing software, not publishing
software), about 20 years ago! I held out as long as I could then figured
I'd better use what the rest of the world seemed to be using.

While we're on the subject of different publishing packages (well, almost),
I've been playing around with MS Publisher. I don't think I like it. The
text seems to have the same problems I've experienced with MS Word. Major
problems I've observed are: text doesn't stay where I put it and kerning is
limited to predetermined increments. I know I have strong "control
tendancies" but I really think it's important to good quality documentation
to be able to depend on text staying where you put it!

Any experts out there? Comments?

Nancy Kendall
Sr Documentation Analyst and Owner
Kendall Custom Documentation, Inc.