Re: Adobe Acrobat version 4 question

Subject: Re: Adobe Acrobat version 4 question
From: Peter Lucas <peterlucas -at- EARTHLINK -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 14:05:59 -0700

Much like Acrobat Exchange 3.0, which could create PDF's using the 2.1 or
3.0 format, Adobe Acrobat 4.0 can create PDF's in the 3.0 or 4.0 format. If
you choose to create PDF's using the 4.0 format, I'm assuming you CAN'T open
the PDF unless you use the 4.0 version of the Reader. If you create PDF's
using the 3.0 format, you leave the door open for backwards compatibility,
but you probably lose some features.