FW: What makes a technical writer

Subject: FW: What makes a technical writer
From: "Moore, Tracey" <TMoore -at- PARKERVISION -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 10:03:48 -0400

And an engineer would say "Turn the machine on."

How to get some engineers to understand that they need us, that we're
not just doing jobs they don't have time for. . .or worse--that we're
overpaid secretaries!

<<Maybe another difference would be that a word
processor will, if presented with the following, enter
it as given: "The button on the left will turn the
machine on."

A tech writer will see that sentence.
However, they will be curious to know if that was the
best way to describe the concept, so they will go to
the machine, look at the button, and detirmine if that
sentence was the best way to describe the instruction.
(the left of what?)>>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=