Re: On-line documentation vs Hard copy

Subject: Re: On-line documentation vs Hard copy
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 12:30:27 -0400

> From: Barry Kieffer [mailto:barry -dot- kieffer -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM]
> Sean Brierley writes:
> > Also, (in a .pdf document) color is free!!
> It could cost the customer more that $100.00 US to print out
> the manual.
>
> No, my friend, color is not free. <wink>

Depends on the way you intend the PDF to be used.
If it is online documentation, it stinks but the color is free.
If it is a delivery mechanism for documents to be printed
by the recipient, the choice of color or b/w is the recipient's.
As is the cost. Even b/w printing isn't all that cheap. Offset
or photocopy is usually less expensive.
If the document is going to be printed by every customer,
the total cost is probably greater with PDF, but the cost is
shifted. If the document will only be printed in part, or only
by some recipients, the total cost may be reduced.

---
Office:
mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com
Home:
nax -at- execpc -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=