CCS and Netscape / IE

Subject: CCS and Netscape / IE
From: Daniel D Hall <MISTERHALL -at- PRODIGY -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 18:51:49 -0700

Just to chime in on this:

I do a good deal of web dev. work, and have found in my experience that
there is NO true WYSIWYG HTML conversion by any program. Word is terrible,
and Word Perfect (here I go again:)) is not _much_ better.

Probably your best bet (as mentioned by others) is to let Frame create a
"general" version of HTML, and use an HTML specific tool to clean it up. If
your knowledge of hypertext is fairly good, you can adjust the tags
yourself.

On the HTML list I subscribe to, there has been a running discussion on
whether or not (most say NOT) it is appropriate to use tables, frames, etc.
to format your document in the sense of page layout. Be aware that because
there are so many issues (not just browser, but screen resolution, color
depth, installed fonts ... the list is endless) probably 99% of those
viewing your HTML won't see it exactly as you envisioned it. I tend to agree
that HTML makes a poor page layout tool

Dan Hall

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=