Re: Niggardly - Ignorance may not be bliss

Subject: Re: Niggardly - Ignorance may not be bliss
From: Jacque Foreman <foremangraphics -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 20:49:08 -0700

Mike has done a terrific job of showing why it is necessary to become
educated and, just as important, able to admit ignorance which never
should be confused with stupidity. It seems apropos to share with you a
truism to which I was first introduced by my father.

He who knows and knows he knows, he is wise, follow him.
He who knows and knows not that he knows, he is asleep, wake him.
He who knows not and knows that he knows not, he is ignorant, teach him.
He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, he is stupid, shun him.

It is too easy to blame others for our ignorance and take offence by what
we THINK/ASSUME has been said. Best that we take responsibility for our
own lack of knowledge and go about correcting it.

Happiness, joy & laughter

Jacque - Graphic Designer / Typesetter - Excellence by Design
since 1972 - Pen & Ink Renderings of homes & Bldgs. & portraits from
photos, Brochures, Ads, Flyers, Packaging, Business Forms, Manuscripts,
etc. - Amway Dealer - email: foremangraphics -at- juno -dot- com
Rendering Samples: http://www.abacus-es.com/foreman

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999 10:33:07 -0400 Mike Stockman <stockman -at- JAGUNET -dot- COM>
writes:

>I was recently crushed to hear that one of my favorite actresses is a
>known thespian who has also been seen masticating, in *public* no
>less.
>Some Hollywood restaurant, I think.
>
>I've never heard she was niggardly, but I wouldn't be surprised in
>light
>of these other horrifying allegations.
<snip>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=