Re: Power Words

Subject: Re: Power Words
From: Jan Boomsliter <boomah -at- CONCENTRIC -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 16:12:10 -0700

How are you going to define "vulgar?" It's another "in the eyes of the
beholder" definition, don't you think?

As for industry standard, I beg to differ. I never learned it that way, nor do
we write or teach about anything but plugs and receptacles. For that matter, I
don't believe I've ever read otherwise, either.

Jan

Robert Maxey wrote:

> . . .And I do not mean vulgarity or . . ..
>
> For example, I recently trained a group who took offense when I mentioned
> several connectors as having male and female parts. I was asked why gender
> was used to describe electrical components, and all I could say is that's
> the way it has always been and that's the way industry refers to them. You
> can tell by the shape of the parts. That offended a few as well.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=