Re: CE statement/notice text?

Subject: Re: CE statement/notice text?
From: AlQuin <cbon -at- WXS -dot- NL>
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 13:09:02 +0200

On 01-05-1999 16:30 Peter Jones wrote:

>You probably already know this but I re-cap for those who are unaware of
>CE marking. Anything that is for sale in the EU must (in principle I
>think) carry the CE mark. This means that the *manufacturer* is

At least for manufacturings which affect safety, health and environment
in use.The requirements to carry a CE mark on products are found in EC
directives by product: e.g. on
pressure tanks, toys, EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility), machinery,
building, gas-appliances, or elevators, etc.
In these directives you may find which module for product-audit has to be
followed, which vary by product

>If you have further problems with how exactly to state in the manual
>that the product complies with CE reg's try looking in one of the
>national standards kept by, for example, British Standards (these are
>available in major UK libraries and I guess in US ones too) or try
>quizzing the IEEE.

or try NIST in the US

Regards
Kees de Bondt

AlQuin Total Quality - Amstelveen, the Netherlands
* Improving What You Build Means Improving How You Build

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=