Re: Educating Rita

Subject: Re: Educating Rita
From: Sharon Burton-Hardin <sharonburton -at- EMAIL -dot- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 08:56:15 -0700

But, as a consultant and a teacher of tech writing, there is the point of
view that if it is really hard to write about, maybe it is badly designed.
And if it is badly designed, then it will be hard for the user to use.
Frequently, the writer is the place where it is first noticed that something
is badly designed and I do think we have an obligation to point it out and
offer to help where possible. Different clients are interested to a greater
or lesser extent. Most are thrilled to have the input. Easier to use means -
generally - more successful in the marketplace.

My thoughts.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
President of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org
Anthrobytes Consulting
Home of RoboNEWS(tm), the unofficial RoboHELP newsletter
www.anthrobytes.com
Check out www.WinHelp.net!
See www.sharonburton.com!

| Andrew is writing from a consulting perspective. I work as an employee.
| Andrew and his team are expected to do the assigned task. I am expected to
help create products, focusing on the documentation.
| If Andrew spends clock time on tasks that have not been assigned, he is
cheating his client. I am expected to apply my skills wherever they benefit
the product team or company.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=