Re: UK/US English - What to do?

Subject: Re: UK/US English - What to do?
From: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- PETVALU -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 17:48:49 -0400

My opinion is to document it as it is - with the UK spelling. My first
instinct was to say that since the intended audience is American, both the app
and corresponding docs should use US English - then I read the line that said
the app stays as is.

You are documenting what exists.

Suzette Seveny
Markham, Ontario, Canada
sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com or suzette -at- yesic -dot- com
DISCLAIMER:
Any opinions expressed are MY opinions.
Feel free to have your own.
Let's agree to disagree
But Please - Don't Flame Me.

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while, I was a suspect.

Scott Browne wrote:
> THE DILEMMA:
> British English spellings were used in the interface. No documentation
> currently exists for this application.
>
> or should it read:
>
> "To access the Color Palette, click Display>Color Palette." (even though
> it's spelled the other way on the screen).
>

> So, what would you do? Document the menus and functions as they actually
> appear on the screen - with UK spellings? Or use US spellings?
>

> Disregard the option of rewriting the application code to use American
> English.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=