Re: Analysis Top Down vs Bottom Up

Subject: Re: Analysis Top Down vs Bottom Up
From: Svi Ben-Elya <svi -dot- ben-elya -at- AKS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 09:32:54 +0200

I have always found top-down to work well. When you work top-down the
reader stays oriented. The reader usually knows what module or process s/he
is working on, or what s/he wants to accomplish. That same reader may or
may not know what parameter or other detail is needed or most appropriate.

On 5/9/99 11:17:03 PM Anthony Markatos wrote:

>Question for all listserv members:
>
>Which is the best way to perform an analysis: top-down or bottom-up?
>
>Some experts say that analysis is all about postponing detail to the
>appropriate time, else the analysis will "drown in all the details".
>
>Others advocate bottom-up. They say top-down is too complex. They
believe
>in a bit-by-bit approach.
>
>Tony Markatos
>(tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com)

____________________________________
Svi Ben-Elya
svib -at- aks -dot- com
chase -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il

Aladdin. Securing The Global Village

Ashlag 22, Haifa, Israel
Tel: +972 4 872-8899 Fax: +972 4 872-9966
Visit us at our Web site! http://www.esafe.com

Aladdin supports Idealist. Visit http://www.idealist.org

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=