Converting Word Winhelp files to FrameMaker 5.5.6-Take 2

Subject: Converting Word Winhelp files to FrameMaker 5.5.6-Take 2
From: "Gemmell,Dal" <Dal_Gemmell -at- EMAIL -dot- SYSCOM -dot- COM -dot- TW>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 12:16:09 +0800

Once again, apologies for the cross-post.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my inital query. I don't think I was
very clear in my initial post so I will try and clarify things a bit.

In my initial post I wasn't asking "how" to convert Word Winhelp files to
Frame. Frame has many filters including one for Microsoft Word RTF.

Also I realize online help content is different than material appropriate
for manuals. However I need a starting point. Once I successfully convert
the files, I can "flesh out" the text to make it more suitable for manual
material.

Of course I could just open the Winhelp document using Frame and spend a lot
of time cleaning up the text, applying templates, etc. However, I was
interested in trying to find out if anyone had been in a similar situation
and try to learn from their experience. For example, what modifications were
made to the Winhelp files before conversion(i.e., stripping out page breaks,
footnotes, etc.), how to prepare the Frame templates for the smoothest
conversion possible, etc.

I am not using a HAT, but would be interested in hearing how using RoboHelp
would make my life easier.

Regards,

Dal

dal_gemmell -at- email -dot- syscom -dot- com -dot- tw

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=