Re: Is it polite to point?

Subject: Re: Is it polite to point?
From: Mike Stockman <stockman -at- JAGUNET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 19:32:37 -0400

Although none of my style manuals seems to cover it, I would say to treat
the resulting web page the same as you would any other document... tell
the user to open it.

For that reason, I'd recommend phrasing something like this:

In your web browser, open http://www.whatever.com.

Hope this helps,
----->Mike

On 5/11/1999 6:06 PM, Anne Chenette (anne -at- INSTRUMENTAL -dot- COM) wrote:

>Would you say "point your browser to www.whatever.com" in a technical
>document? (In my case, software installation instructions that
>contain references to some web-based information.)

Internet: stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com AOL: MStockman
AOL Instant Messenger: MStockman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=