Your recent courses...

Subject: Your recent courses...
From: Candace Bamber <cbamber -at- CASTEK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 08:22:38 -0400

Hi everybody...
I'm in the process of putting together a catalog of training courses for the
technical communicators on my team, and it occurred to me that if I widened my
scope a little, the catalog would be good reference information for the List in
general.

So here's my proposal - if list members (and vendors) would be willing to share
their experiences and knowledge of available training courses, I'll put it
together, maintain it and make it generally available.

Please contribute information about the last course or two you have been on:
Here's what I think I need:

1. Course name
2. Vendor Contact info, including email and URL (if you know it)
3. Cost
4. Location
5. Length
6. What was it about
7. Your review (I reserve the right to edit the reviews so I don't end up in
legal hot water!)

Also, do you have internal courses or courses you made yourself, that you (or
your company) would being willing to swap or share? (for example, I have a one
hour "lunch n learn" for technical reviewers that I take with me to whatever job
I go to). If you have this kind of material, answer "Cost" as "shareware" and
state your terms.

I am personally interested in SKILLS and METHODOLOGY training, rather than tool
training, but I see no reason not to include tool training in the list as well.

My email, fax and snail mail address are in my sig line. Please send
information directly to me rather than to the list.

Thank you in advance for your info - I hope this "catalog" turns into a valuable
resource we can all use at some point.

Cheers.....

Candace

Candace Bamber