Re: Should I Say Something?

Subject: Re: Should I Say Something?
From: Jan Stanley <janron -at- CONCENTRIC -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 12:10:20 -0400

John said:
"What if what you critique something that was written by the
person you are
interviewing with and he was real proud of that content?"

And Lisa said:
"...and what if you were given the sample chock full of errors to
see how you
react, or how well you proofread? "

And I say:

_Do_ say something (gently and carefully, of course).

You said you want the job, but.... What if the errors you
spotted are typical of the work this company produces? What if
no-one there knows better? What if they're not interested in
improving their product? What if you get the job, but your
efforts to make improvements are unappreciated, resented, or
squashed, and you end up feeling not only that you're not
learning anything new, but that you're wasting your abilities?

Regards,
Jan
janron -at- concentric -dot- net

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=