Re: Samples from *employers* (was: should I say something)

Subject: Re: Samples from *employers* (was: should I say something)
From: "Comeau, Lisa" <Lisa -dot- Comeau -at- MOH -dot- GOV -dot- ON -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 12:00:59 -0400

Rowena wrote:

"I don't know about other employers, but I think it is useful to discuss
what an interviewee ...would be doing for the first few months. "

>>I generally ask this type of question in an interview - I want to know
what I'll be getting myself into if I take the job.

"I am also curious how many interviewees ask to be taken on a tour of a
company's office space and meet the other staff? "

>>If time allows, and the interviewer is not averse to this (many have
actually suggested this - the sign [I think ] of a good interview) I
certainly suggest it.

"Too often people take jobs out of desperation, without asking themselves
whether the employer is a good match for THEM."

>>Absolutely! I think you've brought up some really important points to
ponder, Rowena. Anyone else have some ideas on this subject? I'd love to
hear them.

Lisa Comeau
Accounts Representative, Client Services Group
Y2K/Exchange Project, Ontario Ministry of Health
Office: (416) 327 1112
Pager: (416) 715 9198
mailto: Lisa -dot- Comeau -at- moh -dot- gov -dot- on -dot- ca

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=