Re: Guide name quandary...nay...quagmire

Subject: Re: Guide name quandary...nay...quagmire
From: "Parks, Beverly" <ParksB -at- EMH1 -dot- HQISEC -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 10:42:00 -0700

Reference Guide :-)

Our reference guide was previously called a users guide. I ditched the
apostrophe long ago. Deciding where it should go, before or after the s,
leads to unnecessary confusion and debate. I prefer to simplify. Thinking
about it now, I'd even ditch the s and just go with user guide. Just like a
horse stall is a stall for horses and a car battery is a battery for cars, a
user guide is a guide for users.

Bev Parks

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=