Re: Summary: Documenting a **** user interface feature

Subject: Re: Summary: Documenting a **** user interface feature
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 08:16:35 -0700

I don't think anyone said "demand that the programmers
fix it", and if they did, they are wrong. Nobody
"demands" that anyone else do something. How would you
feel if the programmer "demanded" that you do
something, even if they felt strongly about it.

Instead, you define the issue, define what you believe
is the impact to the users to leave it the way it is,
and if possible, suggest an alternative approach to
the situation. Make sure that you report it accurately
and make sure it makes its way to someone in
management who should care about the problem (CC to
management works for me), then get on with the job you
are payed for.

If you described the problem and impact correctly, it
probably will get addressed unless there is a bigger
business case to not address it.

> Four people adamantly declared it a bug and demanded
> that the
> programmers fix it (I laugh!! I laugh!! I want to
> work where they do, in the
> world where programmers do what writers tell them).

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=
> Send "chat" messages offline--not to the
> whole list!
> Send commands to listserv -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu
> (e.g., SIGNOFF TECHWR-L)
> http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/archives.htm
> Find contractor info at
> http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/contractors.htm
> Send all list-related questions or problems to

===
John Posada
Western Union International
(w) jposada -at- westernunion -dot- com