Subject: Summary: Standard Symbols
From: Kim Nylander <nylanderk -at- IPIX -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 12:05:16 -0400

Hello,

I received about 20 responses to my question about standard symbols for
the World Wide Web. The overwhelming majority suggested a globe,
Microsoft's globe in Internet Explorer, or a globe with the letters
"WWW." Other suggestions included a spider, a spider's web, or just the
letters "WWW."

We're using a globe with WWW across it. Thank you for all of the
suggestions.

Kim Nylander

Technical Writer
Interactive Pictures