Using Canvas 6.0 to resize graphics

Subject: Using Canvas 6.0 to resize graphics
From: "Laura J. Lockhart" <LLOCKHART -at- ABIM -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 12:24:07 -0400

Hi all--

I just downloaded the latest version of Canvas to create some graphics for a webpage, and was wondering if anyone here could give me some suggestions for how I might accomplish something that I'm used to doing in Photoshop: resizing images. So far, I'm enjoying using Canvas more than Paint Shop Pro (it's more intuitive), but I haven't figured out how to aquire an existing JPEG file for the sole purpose of resizing it. I can acquire the image within a full-size illustration document (which is automatically opened when the image is opened), and resize it using handles much like any other word processor or DTP program. But by exporting the object this way, the graphic is not truly resized and the file size ends up larger than what I started with. What I was hoping to do is something similar to Photoshop's "New Image Size," where I can enter new dimensions for the graphic and resave it, reducing the file size. Canvas' only other option involves cropping, which ISN'T an option for my situation. Am I trying to do the impossible, or am I overlooking the obvious?

I'm on digest (and behind on them!), so please CC: all responses to me privately.
Thanks,
Laura Lockhart
LLockhart -at- abim -dot- org

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000