Indexing Methodology?

Subject: Indexing Methodology?
From: David Goldfayl <davidgoldfayl -at- PMSC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 14:52:38 -0500

Dear Techwhirlers

I've dealt with relatively small indices before, but never one as large as the
one I am commencing. I'd love to be able to draw upon your collective experience
and expertise regarding possible methodological approaches to the task.

I've recently completed a linked and x-refed 350+ page document (in FrameMaker).
This will soon transmute into online help for a medium-to-large software
application. The online help is primarily aimed at a non-technical readership,
comprising computer operators and their supervisors.

I'm currently working through some of the technical implementation issues
pertaining to the index, but would really appreciate any thoughts and ideas
you'd like to share on possible indexing methodologies.

Thanks in advance
David Goldfayl

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=