Re: Microsoft rules on navigate vs. explore?

Subject: Re: Microsoft rules on navigate vs. explore?
From: "Merrick, Tim" <tim -dot- merrick -at- LSIL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 14:57:46 -0500

Geoff Hart wrote:

"To me, the first issue here is why anyone would consider using the
Microsoft style guide in the first place. Treat it as a
secondary reference, sure, but if you've got any choice, opt instead for
"Read me first" (Sun's award-winning style guide,
edited by Janice Gelb et al.)."

Amen, Geoff. I am leading a team to specify standards for our pubs group,
and we just sent our reference recommendations to management. We recommended
that our primary style guide be "Read Me First!" and that the MS guide be
adopted as a secondary reference, mostly for consensus on terminology.

Tim Merrick
Technical Publications
LSI Logic Storage Systems
http://www.lisl.com <http://www.lisl.com>