Quick Start Guides (mini-manual)

Subject: Quick Start Guides (mini-manual)
From: "Bangeman, Brant" <Brant -dot- Bangeman -at- ARBITRON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 16:53:24 -0400

My company likes to include a quick start guide with each new software
update. The guides run ten to fifteen pages for each update and are created
directly from the help file.

I wouldn't consider a fifteen page (including screen shots) document "quick"
to read. Most of the information applies to novice users. I don't have
much experience creating documentation; however, I believe the guide should
be short and to the point without a screen shot for each interface.

What is your experience with quick start guides? What about using a
PowerPoint presentation? How can I improve upon the guide?

Thanks in advance,

Brant Bangeman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=