Re: Advice Sought: supervising an extreme novice

Subject: Re: Advice Sought: supervising an extreme novice
From: Ginger Moskowitz <ginger -at- AATECH -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 09:34:05 -0400

Since this student is only with you for the summer, you might do better
using her as your assistant than trying to make her into a tech writer. Does
she have to work on the new product, or can you use her for
editing/compiling/proofreading/etc. on existing documentation? If she takes
some of this workload off you, then you can start documenting the new
product, and give her the edits/texts to type out electronically.

If this person was going to be a permanent employee (ugh), I'd spend time
training them and working on their writing skills. But in this case, is it
really worth the time?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=