Re: Intentionally Left Blank

Subject: Re: Intentionally Left Blank
From: Sheridan-Smith John <john -dot- sheridan-smith -at- BMWFIN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 14:07:53 +0100

As I never issue anything without headers and footers, I never produce blank
pages.

There is no more reason to suppose that the blankness of a footered page is
any more accidental than is the content of any other page. Would we expect
to see "This page has been filled with text and graphics entirely by design"
on every page of the doc that is not blank.

As for copy shops etc, I wouldn't use one that regarded an empty, footered
page as blank.

However, I always feel a little irked that I can't arrange every chapter to
end half-way down the left page.

Benjamin Britten, as very young boy, used to compose pieces so that the
score filled up the last page of his manuscript paper, under the infant
misapprehension that "this was what you had to do".

What terribly warping and pernicious thing convention is!

Regards

John

John -dot- Sheridan-Smith -at- BMWFIN -dot- COM

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=