Re: Interview Etiquette

Subject: Re: Interview Etiquette
From: "Allard, Patricia" <Patricia_Allard -at- TVRATINGS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 11:06:17 -0400

I just can't resist replying to this one! I always wrote thank-you notes
immediately following an interview until I was hired by a boss that said
"Never write a thank-you note for an interview. You are thanking the
interviewer for doing their job and it is condescending and ingratiating."

I'm not quite sure how she found it condescending, but I learned a valuable
lesson. She nearly didn't hire me based on that factor and it turned out to
be a great job and a great experience. Just in case there are other
prospective employers out there who are highly offended by thank-notes, I
have chosen not to write them. Maybe others have had the same
experience.....or maybe you just can't win!

Pat Allard

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=