Re: Interview from hell

Subject: Re: Interview from hell
From: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- PETVALU -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 11:48:43 -0400

I'd like to add to this - in addition to measurable, pertinent skills and
experience is attitude, growth potential, aptitude for acquiring knowledge,
likelihood of advancing within the company, sense of humour - perhaps,
conversation / people skills, etc., etc., etc. Things that either cannot be
measured or are extremely difficult to measure. That's where gut feelings and
judgement calls come in.

Suzette Seveny
Markham, Ontario, Canada
sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com or suzette -at- yesic -dot- com
DISCLAIMER:
Any opinions expressed are MY opinions.
Feel free to have your own.
Let's agree to disagree
But Please - Don't Flame Me.

Laugh and the world laughs with you;
Snore and you sleep alone.

On Wednesday, June 02, 1999 11:36 AM, Bob Gembey [SMTP:bob -at- supernova -dot- nl] wrote:
> Richard Braden wrote:
>
> "A agree, and therein lies the frustration. Candidates are not selected on
> measureable, pertinent skills and experience. They are selected on whims -
> another element of our highly dysfunctional corporate invironments."
>
> Sorry, I disagree -- when you have at least two equally qualified
> candidates, how do you choose between them? Let's face it, many of the
> people who apply for a job have the qualifications to do it. One may be
> the best in some respects, and another in other respects. Since many of
> the qualitites can't be quantified, all you're left with is a judgment
> call. This is not dysfunctional. It is human.
>
> Bob

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=