Migrating MSWord docs to a web site

Subject: Migrating MSWord docs to a web site
From: "Dominguez, Richard" <Dominguezr -at- BIS -dot- ADP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 09:34:07 -0400

My company is in the process of migrating a large number of manuals to its
web site so that clients can obtain timely revisions of documentation
supporting our securities processing software, which is revised every four
months. We're leaning toward MS FrontPage as the primary tool to convert
Word material, but I'm not satisfied that this is the correct tool to use.
We have also considered FrameMaker and Word97 (in which we currently produce
all our documentation). Requirements are to maintain: cross-reference links
to other manuals, reasonably good definition of imbedded screen shots,
simple styles, legible visio material as well as legible MS Word equations,
and the capabilities to search and print. None of the writers has had any
experience in moving documents to the web, so we're the blind leading the
blind. Any suggestions about which products we should be testing would be
helpful and appreciated. Since this topic is more applicable to a forum,
please send feedback directly to me; I'll publish a summary of suggestions.
Thanks!

Rich Dominguez
dominguer -at- bis -dot- adp -dot- com
212-973-6127