Re: FrameMaker vs. QuarkXPress

Subject: Re: FrameMaker vs. QuarkXPress
From: Donald Le Vie <dlevie -at- VLINE -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 11:04:40 -0500

Dorothy:

I've used FrameMaker for many years and, after using just about every other
document preparation package available, believe it's the best around. Check
out the Adobe web site at
http:www.adobe.com/supportservice/custsupport/NOTES for some comparisons of
FrameMaker vs. other packages. I'm not sure if they compare QuarkXpress, but
it's been my experience that Quark competed more with PageMaker as more of a
document layout package (great for marcom brochures and documents with a
lower page count) than a comprehensive document development system like
Frame. I've managed developing user and reference manuals up to 1100 pages
in Frame and I couldn't imagine doing it in Quark!

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Donn Le Vie
Director, Information Development