Tools: Microsoft manual of style--a second look

Subject: Tools: Microsoft manual of style--a second look
From: Geoff Hart <Geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 11:32:15 -0400

In the past, I've been somewhat dismissive of the Microsoft manual
of style. I'm not yet ready to change my opinion, but in the interest
of fair play, I provide the following opposing (more favorable) opinion:

DeLoach, Scott. 1999. Microsoft manual of style for technical
publications. Technical Communication 46(1):86-88.

In particular, DeLoach notes that the manual explicity considers
itself to be a [paraphrase] "guide for Microsoft authors", and not a
set of rules for the rest of us. That may make the corporate author
somewhat more palatable to most of us.

I'm not sure whether this review will be online at the STC Web site
(www.stc-va.org), but it's worth a try; if not, you should be able to
find the journal in the library at most schools that have a technical
communication program.

--Geoff Hart @8^{)} Pointe-Claire, Quebec
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"Who needs rhetorical questions?"--Anon.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=