Re: Menu Options

Subject: Re: Menu Options
From: Sheridan-Smith John <john -dot- sheridan-smith -at- BMWFIN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 16:09:03 +0100

For a reasonably Windows au fait audience, I normally use the format:

Select File > Save As > Options > Pink Elephant

This method reduces word count to a minimum. As has been said already, the
> character is helpful as it implies movement along a path of choices.
Even for such an audience, I explain the convention in an introduction to
the manual.
If some or all of the audience is at the Windows beginner level, I use a
more explicit approach along the lines of :

From the Menu bar select the File option
From the File menu select the Save As option

A quick usability straw poll among the audience pays good dividends.

John -dot- Sheridan-Smith -at- BMWFIN -dot- COM

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=