Re: Menu Options

Subject: Re: Menu Options
From: joanne grey <j_grey -at- WRITEANGLES -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 08:10:44 -0700

Letty Smith wrote:

> isn't possible, or doesn't fit in the documentation. So ... which is
> better:
>
> 1. Select the File -> Save As... menu option.
> 2. Select the File - Save As... menu option. (n-dash)
> 3. Select the File -- Save As... menu option (m-dash)
> 4. Select the File > Save As... menu option.
> 5. Some other way?
>
> Does it make a difference if it is a three-deep menu option? (i.e. Select
> the File -> Save As ... -> Keenfile Graphic menu option.)

Letty,

I've seen them almost all of those ways and more: using the "pipe"
character (|), for example. As long as you are consistent, I don't think
it matters. If you tell the reader what to expect and stick with that
method it won't interrupt the flow.

Personally, I use Select File > Save As > XXXX, or sometimes, from the
File menu select Save As > XXX if it's three deep.

Just my opinion.

-joanne

Joanne Grey http://www.writeangles.com
Write Angles mailto:j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com

In great matters men show themselves as they wish to be seen;
in small matters, as they are. -Gamaliel Bradford

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=