Any online help developers willing to share their insights for an action plan?

Subject: Any online help developers willing to share their insights for an action plan?
From: "Pipher, Gabriele (RMW)" <GPIPHER -at- RMGAUGES -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 14:16:34 -0400

Title: Any online help developers willing to share their insights for an action plan?

First, I was asked to look for a stand-alone HAT.   Now, they want me to come up with an action plan to put it into reality.  Since this is totally out of my league, I am looking for some expert advice.

What we are trying to achieve:

All of our current documentation is in Word, but since this is a fairly new product it is unknown how much of the Word documentation will be used.

How do I get there?

Obviously, single sourcing is the goal.

1.      What kind of action plan would you put into place?
2.      Division of responsibility between software developer and tech writer.
3.      If we decide on ForeHelp can it perform the desired tasks?  If not, what else is needed         and how is it implemented?

Share with me if you would your experiences, insights, successes, and failures.

Thanks.

Gabriele