Learning Programming short

Subject: Learning Programming short
From: Peter Jones <Holtec -at- COMITY -dot- DEMON -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 17:41:49 +0100

In article <m10rOQo-000BM2C -at- mail -dot- GTS -dot- ORG>, Tim Altom
<taltom -at- SIMPLYWRITTEN -dot- COM> writes
>I was sent a message by a member of this list, asking how to acquire the
>programming skills I so loudly recommended
<snip Tim's excellent ideas>

Also try to find "Programming from First Principles" by Richard Bornat
ISBN 0-13-729104-3 (if it is still in print). This will guide you, with
a lot of practical exercises, through how to write programs rather than
how to code C, C++, PERL, Smalltalk, Algol, Cobol, Ada, Prologue, LISP,
BASIC, VBA, Fortran,...

You will then have an idea of what the programmers are trying to do
regardless of the odd way they write it down.

--
Peter Jones

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=