Re: What kind of names do you make up?

Subject: Re: What kind of names do you make up?
From: Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- MPS-CANADA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 10:12:38 -0700

Hi,

Creating fake names in sample databases is a major source of mischievous
glee for our department. In our current product, you'll find the names of
boyfriends, girlfriends, former high school teachers, underachieving
Vancouver Canucks and Frank Zappa's band.

Given this practice, I don't think I'd put my own name in the database or
documentation. It would feel rather strange (and perhaps a tad egocentric
i.e. I want to see my name in print) beside all these other entries.
Furthermore, my name's hardly common (D. Barefoot) and would probably be
fairly conspicuous.

Just my two cents. DB.