urgent urgent -- need a quote from microsoft manual of style...

Subject: urgent urgent -- need a quote from microsoft manual of style...
From: "Sherman, Diane" <Diane -dot- Sherman -at- JACOBS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 15:15:12 -0700

...but i don't have a copy handy.

someone (a $%$*$%& programmer) is changing my text from:

Click "Blah Blah."

to:

Click on the "Blah Blah" prompt.

"Blah Blah" is NOT a prompt, it's a menu option. furthermore, it's
illustrated with a screen shot, so we users already can see what to do --
without having more words added.

could someone please e-mail me the microsoft definitions of "prompt,"
"menu," "choice," and/or "option," as appropriate?

i already found the proper usage for "click" (instead of "click on") in the
archives.

if this is too much, could i just get the phone number of someone with the
manual? i'll call you, you can read me the definitions over the phone, and
I'LL do the typing!!

thanks a million in advance,
--diane sherman

PLEASE reply to me directly, because i'm on the digest:

diane -dot- sherman -at- jacobs -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=