Re: Interview from hell--bugged

Subject: Re: Interview from hell--bugged
From: Sella Rush <sellar -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 15:55:56 -0700

OK, this is bugging me, so I'll risk an OT oust. I'm not going to spout my
politics--if you care you can certainly glean my view of the world from
three years of posts.

Suffice to say that my comment: "You can certainly discriminate on sexual
orientation..." was not meant as a how-to guide for would be discriminators.

No one sent me a "deeply offended" note on this, but the way it sounded
bothered me in retrospect--serves me right for trying to dash off a post to
this list, instead of carefully weighing my words (and ultimately deleting
without sending as I often do).

I understand that California, at least, was able to get an
anti-discrimination law passed that got shot down recently in a number of
other states, including my own Washington and Colorado.

My point, and it applies to other topics covered on this list, such as
copyright, is that many people (including myself, I'm sure) have skewed
views over what is legal, what is right, and, in the US, what is fodder for
a civil suit.

Sella Rush
mailto:sellar -at- apptechsys -dot- com
Applied Technical Systems (ATS)