Re: Reader Response Forms

Subject: Re: Reader Response Forms
From: Wendy Lewis <wlewis -at- NCLOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 10:46:02 -0400

At my previous job I had a reader response card in all manuals for 11
years. Although I tried a variety of different approaches during that time,
I never received a single one back.

At this job, I decided to go with an e-mail address for comments, etc. It's
been three years, and not a single e-message.

I find that the best path of feedback has been installation engineers and
support people. They pass on the occasional compliment and let me know when
a customer has a problem with the docs. ie. flaming errors like drawings
for the wrong machine... oops.

At 04:33 PM 6/16/99 +0300, you wrote:
>Cross-posted to Techshoret and TECHWR-L.
>
>Greetings!
>
>I'm toying with the idea of adding a reader response form to some of our
>documentation.

Wendy Lewis

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=